Thursday, August 28, 2008

The People One Meets...


One of the best parts of being a flight attendant is the many different people (some good... and definitely some bad) I am able to meet.  Flying out of California for many years I've had the opportunity to meet and serve actors, actresses, radio personalities, athletes, coaches, and most recently was 2003 Miss Universe.  I am not a star struck person by any means.  In fact I usually have to have a coworker explain who the individual is.  I look at these meetings as an education to see what type of person and what character that these individuals have.  

I currently fly International out of MIA and while working a grueling 4 day trip with 11 legs involved (legs meaning... individual flights) it was refreshing to have Amelia Vega 2003 Miss Universe from Dominican Republic onboard my flight.  She is an absolutely beautiful person inside and out!  She was gracious enough to take photo's with us (the rest of the crew was doing it...) and talk to us about her regime to get ready to win the Miss Universe contest.  

I have to admit, I love it when people are down to earth and 'human' like the rest of us.  People are just that.... people.  

2 comments:

Jennifer B said...

That is pretty cool! In the past I have tended to be a little standoffish with really beautiful people, then I met my friend (who is a model. She has all the insecurities that I have. It's true we all eat and sleep just like one another.

Roxanne said...

Hey Girl! So fun to read and catch up with you! How wonderful to travel the world the way you are! Miss you all the time- Heather and I love hearing from and all about you! Take Care & God Bless